Anyway, back to his costume:
cute and easy costumes for kids sewing book that I have. The book has loads of simple costumes that can very easily be adapted into whatever you fancy. I mostly used the lion costume, but used the black cat head and then the back paws are adapted from another pattern.
I found a free pattern for fleece boots/socks on Rhonda's Creative Life and made them up in some more of the tiger fabric - her original pattern calls for them to be overlocked together, with the overlocked edges on the outside. As I don't have an overlocker I made them so that all the seams are on the inside. It's meant that they're a little slim in the foot and leg, so next time I make them (as I'm sure he'll grow out of them before he grows out of the rest of the costume) I'll make them a bit wider.
He then insisted they should have pads on them (like the front paws do) - I used some black sock stop to draw the shape of the pads which seems to have done the trick.
You can just see the pads in this photo.
He loves the costume and apart from being a little confused when he's putting it on as the top fastens at the back, it's a real hit. It even has a fantastic tail that's attached to the bottoms.
I think next we need some super hero costumes - but first I have some other WIPs I need to get shifted, and a dress request from Frances.