Pages

Tuesday 16 September 2014

wearing what I make - vogue 1965

I haven't done a trawl through my me made wardrobe for a while, so here's another one:


I made this dress years ago (I won't tell you how many) and did have a phase of wearing it.  It's view A from this pattern:
Which is Vogue 1965 by Marc Jacobs.  The pattern calls for a knit two way stretch knit - but I used a woven cotton as I remember finding the fabric and loving the colours - celadon green is one of my favourite colours - especially to wear, as is the right shade of red and this fabric combined both.  I made a hidden bra inside using some green knit fabric I had.
So - why don't I wear it now... not really sure.  I don't think it looks too bad, although I think it makes me look very apple shaped in this photo - maybe if my fitness regime that I've started is successful I'll feel better about wearing it next summer. 


No comments: